We have a lot of really fun stuff planned, but the fun continues even after you leave, if the kiddos come along and participate in all of the great stuff!
1. If you come by between 11 am and 2 pm, they get to take away an appreciation for the less-common animals that are going to be there! Quistorff's Little Bita Everything Ranch has some really cool creatures joining us, and you can learn about all of them in the petting zoo area!
2. If they're one of the first 1,000 kids to come by, we have goodie bags for them! They can use the bags to collect more goodies and prizes as they walk around and talk with vendors and play some of the games that we have! Don't forget - there's no entry fee for the event, and the games and bounce houses are free to play in! (We have grab bags for the first 500 grown-ups too!)
3. The first 1,000 kids to stop by and chat with the volunteers with the American flag get to keep one! Parents get to sign the piece of art we have, and leave a lasting mark supporting our Veterans at the Nest! The flags were donated by Bob Walsh Enterprises in Osakis, MN. Thanks guys!!
4. If you bring a few dollars, they'll leave with a full tummy! The Nest is selling lunch and ice cream as their main fundraising activity for this event. You can show them the love by joining them for lunch right next to where all of the great stuff is happening!
5. The National Center for Missing & Exploited Children sent us their Child ID Kits - take one home, complete it, and keep it in a safe place in case of emergency. While you're there, check out the Central Lakes Search and Rescue team's 2:00 safety class so your kids (and you) know what to do if you get lost! They have a 12:00 demonstration happening also!
6. We have a couple coloring crafts that your kiddos can take home also, including a drawing by one of the Nest's own Veterans and volunteers! We also have some really cool paper plate animals ready to draw on, customize, and take home!
Come for all of the fun things to see and do, and leave with a little piece of the magic!