1. When rescues (like the awesome ones we have coming) attend events, their adoptable animals can't stay all day. If it's warm, or if they are greeting a lot of people, the animals get tired. They need breaks like we do! So...if you come in the morning there may be different animals there to meet in the afternoon!
2. We have really cool demonstrations and speakers scheduled throughout the day!
11:00 Police K9 Demonstration by Sauk Centre Police Department
11:30 Lisa Riley Speaking on Behalf of MOVES-Minnesota Outreach for Veterans with Epilepsy and Seizures
12:00 Central Lakes Search and Rescue Demonstration
1:00 Off Leash K9 Training, Central MN Hide and Seek Demonstration
1:30 Bonnie Gallagher Speaking on Behalf of K9s From Carrie
2:00 Central Lakes Search and Rescue Kid's Safety Class
3. We have Quistorff's Little Bita Everything Ranch Petting Zoo coming with all kinds of animals from 11:00 until 2:00! They're bringing animals I've never even heard of, and can't pronounce, so it's sure to be a fun part of the event! Visit their area when you arrive, and then check back again before you leave to learn about the animals and the fun things they do!
4. When you're done visiting all of the crafters, vendors and informational booths, you'll still have TONS of things to see and do! Click HERE to see just 17 of them!
5. The folks at the Nest will be giving tours of the grounds (they're gorgeous!) throughout the day. You can learn about the history of the campus, how they've created the healing environment they have now, and how you can get involved if you like! They'll also be giving tours of the Dog House, the Nest's newest building, which will be home to their Veterans with or working with service dogs! The folks at the Nest will also be serving food (for a fee) and $1 ice cream cones! So you can have lunch, walk around and enjoy all of sights and sounds, take a tour, then go back for ice cream when you're ready!